Monday, March 10, 2014

Simplicity 2689 #2

I'm pretty sure everyone on Pinterest who sews children's clothes has pinned this tunic. I have the beautiful Japanese book the pattern came from. I even traced out the pattern last year, but I wasn't loving how the yoke had so many pieces.
After making Simplicity 2689 last year I realized there was a much better way to make a similar tunic. 
I used some soft denim for the tunic and before I sewed the side seams I sewed some vintage ribbon I found on Etsy to the yoke. So I didn't have to cut the ribbon (in case I ever want to remove and reuse it) I mitred the corners.
 Evie loves it and I think it will be great though winter with a shirt underneath and leggings.


6 comments:

Krista said...

This looks very nice, the vintageribbon is beautiful!

Jenny said...

lovely tunic. the red border looks great. cute photos

Samantha Dennison said...

That's gorgeous! I want one for meeeeeee!! xx

A-L said...

Very pretty! and denim is such a great material for kids wear (plus that it has that street -smart appeal to it;-) Cool!

kgirlknits said...

Perfect! Mitred corners is great forethought

Margret said...

Gorgeous ribbon.