Friday, March 21, 2014

Kwik Sew 2704

Now for something a little bit different.
I am not sure I ever thought I would be buying zebra print polar fleece in Spotlight, but Amelia and Grace had onesies at the top of their birthday wish list and when I saw it I knew they would love it. I actually bought a few metres of an owl print too thinking they might like different ones, but of course they saw it in my sewing room and both wanted the zebra pint. I didn't quite have enough for two so found some green from the stash for the arms.
I used Kwik Sew 2704 which like most Kwik Sew patterns has great instructions. I made size 10 for my now 9 year olds and they are a little big, but not huge so there is room for growing. I really wasn't looking forward to putting the zips into polar fleece, but they went in perfectly the first time. I used the overlocker for most the sewing so it really didn't take long. I did use the sewing machine to do the neck binding in case I messed it up, but the instructions are really clear and it wasn't a problem.
I can't say I loved sewing these up, but I knew the girls would love them and they did, they have been worn a lot this week.
If you are looking for a onesie pattern I can't recommend this one enough.

3 comments:

Copper Patch said...

This may be a silly question but do they use them as pj's or wear them out and about? I'm sure I've seen some hipsters wearing them in public.....
Always nice to have a make appreciated 😜

Abby and Stephanie said...

My kids favorite kind of PJs when they were young. We called them Blanket Sleepers. I love the lime sleeves and fun zebra print combo.

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Well these just look fantastic. Your twin girls are changing so much :)
(I'd love one of these for my PJ's too) :)