Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quynn

Sometimes at night all I want is a really simple easy knit so I don't have to think too much while I watch TV, especially if there is subtitles (lots of Borgen watching here at the moment). I knew I had to make a Quynn for Olive when I saw the pattern and who doesn't need an excuse to buy a ball of Noro. I really did try hard to only buy one colour, but I just couldn't, I thought I was pretty good really to just choose three.
I made the green one first in the largest size and it only just fits. I had a good amount of yarn left, so I made the next two with 5mm needles and made them a bit longer.
 
 I managed a few good photos on Olive.

 It only had to take about 57 photos and quite a bit of fairy bread.
More details on ravely here, here and here.

3 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

She looks like a little elf in that green hat! So adorable!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful yard, adorable Olive. Love the little point at the top of the hat. Olive looks like an adorable Pixie.

A-L said...

That's probably the best hat pattern out there! I've knitted Quynn twice for my son and once (heavily modified ) for my 8yr old daughter and it is a great pattern. Covers ears just so well... Looks so pretty in Noro colours that you have chosen. Gorgeous!