I am back from another great day at Upmarket yesterday. Thanks and hi to everyone who came and chatted with me yesterday!
I made another dress using New Look 6429 last week. This time I made a few changes to the neckline. I have no idea why the pattern calls for facings. They are annoying to make and never seem to sit right so this time I used clear elastic and will use it in the future wherever I can. So easy and the neck sits perfectly.
I sewed it on to the wrong side with the overlocker, stretching the elastic only slight as I went.
Then I turned it under and top stitched on the right side. A perfect neckline in a couple of minutes.