Monday, March 21, 2011

Clear Elastic

I am back from another great day at Upmarket yesterday. Thanks and hi to everyone who came and chatted with me yesterday!
I made another dress using New Look 6429 last week. This time I made a few changes to the neckline. I have no idea why the pattern calls for facings. They are annoying to make and never seem to sit right so this time I used clear elastic and will use it in the future wherever I can. So easy and the neck sits perfectly.
I sewed it on to the wrong side with the overlocker, stretching the elastic only slight as I went.

Then I turned it under and top stitched on the right side. A perfect neckline in a couple of minutes.

3 comments:

Apples and Pears said...

What a great idea! Pretty fabric too x

CurlyPops said...

I hate doing facings but I've never heard of clear elastic!

HeavenLee Creations said...

HI Kate, loved seeing your stall at Upmarket yesterday! Great work!!!
I don't do facings either... yuk!!! Lv Lee