Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sourdough and Scarf Progress

I think I might have found a sourdough bread book that makes sense and doesn't make sourdough seem like an insanely complicated process. Wild Sourdough by Yoke Mardewi. I have been making sourdough (with varying success) with my starter for 6 months now, but have been making the same white bread and I really want to try different things. I have only tried the semolina sourdough so far, but the instructions and the reasons why you do what you do were great.
I must be the slowest crocheter around. It was a month ago I started this scarf for Evie and so far I only have 7 squares. I think I should start weaving in the ends so I don't have them all left to do at the end.

5 comments:

Bruise Mouse said...

THe book looks great. I have been looking into doing a course with Yoke. Just need to set aside the time to do it.

Melissa said...

Love the scarf in progress. I always find weaving in the ends as I go makes the sewing up process go much faster.

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

kate any tips/receipes for a good starter...i have only ever had medocer success with sour dough loaves....

duckyhouse said...

please keep posting your sourdough results. i still have good/bad loaves and somedays it is frustrating. i haven't made any in awhile, but you got me thinking about it again.
love the crochet...been thinking of a bright granny squares blanket with off white or white as the in between colour.

Cherry said...

Nice stuff! I'm enjoying reading your blog here!