Saturday, March 26, 2011

A is for Amelia

We have been in our house now for over a year and the walls in the girls rooms are still looking a little bare. I thought a few little quilts might add some colour and use up some scraps at the same time. I seem to have lots of left overs from jelly rolls. So I am making little letter quilts with 2 1/2 inch squares and strips of white for the background. A is done and now I am onto G and E.





Does anyone have a great way to hang mini quilts without needing to drill holes in the wall?

8 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a great way to personalise your daughters room! The A looks so modern and fresh.

Mini quilts are quite light so the 3M Adhesive hooks should be strong enough to hold them. I don't like drilling holes either:)

Kris said...

The 3M hooks are brilliant. I've hung all sorts with them.

Those jelly rolls just seem to last forever! I recently thought I had used up the last few pieces of my first jelly roll. Then whilst packing for our move I found a few more pieces!

Suz said...

This is very sweet. I have been trying to work out a nice way to hang an I and a J in my daughters' rooms. Maybe I will put this on my long list of projects!

Kylie1403 said...

loooks soooo cool

becced said...

You could pick up a curtain wire (at IKEA it's $10). You would only need to drill two holes....

Annie said...

In my sewing room, I have a curtain rod hanging over the wardrobe space near the room, and I hang them from that with fishing line.

Apples and Pears said...

that is lovely!!! x

Copper Patch said...

Yup 3M hooks. I swear by them. I've used them for all sorts of things at three different houses and never had ANY problems.
A great use of your scraps!
Ab