Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Sointu

I think I bought the Sointu pattern as soon as it came out, such a simple but elegant pattern.  I knew I didn't want to make it in knit fabric, but wasn't sure how it would turn out in woven to I used some very, very cheap polyester I bought from Textile Traders that I think was $2 a metre on the bargain table. I can't believe I'm saying this about a polyester top, but I love it. I've already worn it out twice in the last two weeks.
I measured between two sizes and after measuring the pattern I chose the size down. I'm glad I did, it's a perfect fit. The only thing I altered was the neckline, I folded it over twice and hand stitched it down, not the neatest job, but is a lot neater than if I tried to face this fabric.
The perfect top to wear out with jeans - there will be at least one more!

No comments: