Wednesday, December 13, 2017

And Repeat

It's quite rare that I feel the need to remake a pattern. There are too many things I want to try and not enough hours to try them in, so once something is finished I move on. 
I've made an exception for my Modern Clamshell Quilt
I made this one larger than the first one I made was inspired by the colours in my spring garden. 
This one is a commission, another thing I very rarely do. I used similar colours for the clamshells and a pale grey (Kona silver) for the background. I was afraid the colours would not pop as much, but I think I love it more with this background. It might just become my go to background colour.
Both of these quilts were quilted with straight lines in both directions.
I've now made it three times now and would happily start another one tomorrow.

No comments: