Monday, June 08, 2015

Ice Cream Shawl

One of my favourite ways of procrastinating is to browse ravelry. My number of items in my queue and favourites is ridiculous. As soon as I saw this shawl I knew I needed to make one immediately. Lucky I had some scraps of Malabrigo and some skeins in the stash. It looks a lot trickier than it is and because it's made in worsted yarn it was quick to knit. The cast off is a 2 colour i cord which I had never done before, it adds a really nice detail to the shawl. More details on ravelry.


5 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love the close up because you can really see the detail. I'd love to crochet a shawl, one day. Wonderful colors and it's just perfect with your new shade of blue. :o)

Verna Groger said...

So pretty and a great way to use up single skeins leftover from other projects!

Di said...

Love it....the colours are amazing.

Chookyblue...... said...

lol..............didn't think you would know the word procrastinate..........you always get so much done......
the shawl is wonderful always interesting to see what colour hair you have........have you had some really chilly weather there....we did - last week was freezing here.........

motherof5 said...

Gorgeosu, you are so clever.