Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tree Quilt

I love the Tree Quilt by Jolene of Blue Elephant Stitches in Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe. I don't do a lot of improvisational quilting so I though I would give it a go. The instructions are really clear and easy to follow and I had whipped up a few blocks in no time at all and it made me wonder why I don't work this way more often. It is fun!
I used different colours of Sketch by Timeless Treasures for the background and some scraps of low volume prints for the triangles. I made four blocks and it is the perfect size for a small doll quilt Apparently we are in need of a few of them here.

If you want to win a copy of the book head over here to see how.

2 comments:

ipatchandquilt said...

It is very cute! Love the fabric!!!
Esther
esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

Amy DeCesare said...

Your quilt is so pretty! I've admired this pattern when I've seen it, and your version turned out awesome! It's so fun and whimsical.