Sunday, April 07, 2013

Quilting and Kayaking

I thought we had seen the last of summer a few weeks ago, but it is back again for one last week. Friends suggested we go down to the river yesterday and I am glad they did. The big girls had a go on the kayak all by themselves and they loved it. The river is low and calm at this time of the year which is perfect for learning. Chris has a dream where we own a collection of kayaks and canoes and we go out a lot as a family. I couldn't see it in the past, but I can see how great that would be as the girls get older.

I had time for a little quilting this morning, I wasn't too sure how to quilt this quilt so  followed the simple rule - if in doubt use kind of wonky, kind of straight lines, you can't go wrong.


4 comments:

Christine said...

Kayaking sounds like fun but I have never tried it. Your quilt looks very pretty. I can't wait to see the whole thing.

Katharine said...

We used to go canoe camping in the summers but with four kids we are now hopelessly outnumbered. Last year we got our eldest out in a kayak on her own an I think that may be the secret to us getting back out there as a family.

Also, aren't slightly wonky lines the only way there is to quilt? It's certainly my favorite.

Christine said...

I've been looking at new sewing machines and I see in your quilt picture that you have a Bernina. Which one do you have and what do you think of it? Glad you are getting some more outdoor time in!

Christine said...

I saw the comment you left on my page! Thanks so much! I don't think that that model is available anymore, but that's ok. I've looked at the 550 but am thinking because either way this machine will be an investment for me that I should just go with the one I want: 750 E QE I believe it is. I have room to grow with projects that I'd like to tackle then without needing/wanting a new machine. Love the new little skater dress you just featured! Enjoy the weekend!