What do you do when you have so many half finished projects and things that should have been done yesterday? Sew a new dress of course. It was 36 degrees today and I am in desperate need of some summer dresses.
Burda 7808 had lots of promise looking at the pattern, it also had the 'this is just going to be a big baggy tent look'. I couldn't find many reviews so I cut it out and started sewing with some black cotton poplin from the stash. The first things to go was the back insert as I cut, I just cut a normal back and then cut a facing for it (though if I made it again I might cut the back how it is in the pattern without using a tie - I really don't like ties at the back of my clothes).
I did cut the collar out from view B but it made me look like a witch so that went completely. I also cut short sleeves, but it was so hot here today I threw them out. I had to cut of a few inches in length.
It makes me look less of a humungous witch than it did at the start, but it is not really flattering from the side, but I actually quite like it. It is a great dress for wearing around town and around the house, very comfortable to sew in (which is very important) and very cool when it is hot. I'm definitely thinking I might make another one, probably in double gauze.