Saturday, October 03, 2009

Lamb Girl

I had plans to make a doll with bias binding hair and wearing an apron yesterday. This is what I ended up with. I just couldn't seem to get the image in my head to translate. I tried ric rac for hair, then ribbon. Didn't work. Thought I'd try piggy tails (the girls are loving those at the moment). Then the apron was not working and the remains of it became a pocket. Which needed a baby. This is the result. I call her lamb girl as she looks like some kind of sheep hybrid. Amelia is convinced she is a kangaroo as she has a pouch. Grace things she is a kind of a rabbit. Evie just yelled at it in a happy way.

I opened the magazine in the paper to find this today. I was just a little excited.

16 comments:

frisky frog said...

I´m not so good in writing english but I just must say: I love your things. I have read the Blogg in about a Year now and You give a lot of inspiration to me. Thank You!
/Have a nice day!

Abby and Stephanie said...

How thrilling to see your work in a magazine! Well deserved. Well lamb girl is cute with rosey cheeks and everything!

Sue said...

Oh she is just delightful Kate. Congrats on the article too showing your gorgeous toys!

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the article showing your adorable stuffed creations. Love the little lamb doll.

esther said...

She really is a cutie. Loving the lamb look. The colour work really well too!

Andi said...

Congratulations on the article.
And lamb girl is very sweet!!
Andi :-)

Gifts Created said...

Amazing little lamb girl...I love the colours you used...And congrats on the article.

Melissa Goodsell said...

Little lamb doll is gorgeous!! Congrats on the magazine pic too :)

Estelle said...

I've just found your blog and will add it to my favorites! Very inspirational! Thankyou. Estelle.

Corrie said...

cute! i think its adorable and keira tells me its 'bewtafullll'! well done on getting in the paper, how exciting!

Corrie;)

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, congratulations on the magazine shot! And love the cute little lamb girl LOL!

Stitching At Stone Cottage said...

i opened the paper and instantly recognised your giraffe...congrats...hope it leads to loads of sales!!

Sandrine said...

She has a very friendly little face!Congrats for the magazine feature...I bet it is exciting!!

Mon Alisa Design said...

She's lovely!

I have an Amelia too ;)

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

I'm with Evie ;) Very cute. And great work making it in the mag. Just in time for Christmas!

HeavenLee Creations said...

Kate, it was so nice to see your cute toys in the paper! Let's hope there is more to come! Love Lee