Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Melbourne

We are back from a few days in Melbourne with my sister and travelling with Eva was surprisingly easier than I thought. After twins doing anything with one child is not that bad.
We caught trains and trams and walked and walked. Much food was eaten and a little bit of shopping. I even found my dream shoes, but at $369 they didn't come home with me. It was so nice to see fabric in real life that I usually only see on the computer screen. I made it to Amitie, Meet Me At Mikes, Tessuti and the Melbourne Design Markets where I bought some great Ink and Spindle fabric. I can't ever see myself living in a city, but Melbourne is one city I would think about living in.
Today has washing and cleaning and sorting and hopefully tonight a little sewing.

12 comments:

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Melbourne is a lovely city. Glad Evie was good for you. Great fabrics too! xox

Katie said...

Those fabrics are gorgeous!!! I love Melbourne too, there's something about it that is different from the other "big" cities! Glad you had a lovely time.

amy said...

Glad it was a nice trip for you. And my little one is a good traveler too unlike my oldest. We never left to go anywhere in those days. :) I love the pears. :)

Unknown said...

Love those fabrics!

periwinkle said...

One of those places on my " I will visit there one day " list - lucky you

One Flew Over said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!

Sue said...

Kate you should have popped in for a visit or I could have popped in to see you whilst you were visiting here. Oh well maybe next time! I love those fabrics, very cute. The pears look delightful and I cant wait to see what you create.

our shabby cottage said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Melbourne Kate. It is a great city.

Sandrine said...

I am in love with Melbourne too!Can't wait to go back... sigh...You sound like you had great time!I love your fabric choice...specially the pears;)

Janellybelly said...

I Heart Melbourne, we lived there for 3 years & I still miss it!
Gorgeous fabrics, I look forward to seeing what they become.

nikkishell said...

It was lovely to meet you and Eva! She is adorable :)

Corrie said...

melbourne is an easier city to live in! but my husband's family can't understand why we think it will be hard to take 10 month old twins and a 3 year old to melbourne for a holiday. they have said what is the problem? um hello 3 small children for a weekend requires a lot of planning and won't be a holiday for this mummy!

amitie is my favourite store in melbourne, I just love it and miss it so much!

Corrie;)