Sunday, December 23, 2007

Jitterbug Socks

What do you do when you are meant to be packing for the Christmas trek around the countryside? Have a go at knitting some toe up socks using some Jitterbug sock yarn.
Much more fun than packing and thinking about a week away. Every year Chris and I say we are staying home for Christmas and every year we trek around the countryside. Maybe next year.
I'm not really big on Christmas, especially one where I can't even have a drink, but I'm going to make an effort as the girls are getting very excited. I finally felt a bit Christmassy last night watching the Christmas special of Rockwiz. So I might put some music on and face the inevitable packing.

13 comments:

Ali said...

Knitting beats packing any day! Have a happy Christmas!

Di said...

Merry Christmas!! Keep up the sock knitting - as Ali says it has to be more exciting than packing!

katef said...

Oh having fun packing! Hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

Rachael Elswyk said...

Merry christmas, and safe trekking across the country side Kate!
Hope you have a great day :)

Jodie said...

Safe travelling! Take the knitting along.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas. We hope the girls enjoy their day, Jada is so excited, but not to sure about the big guy. Please have a safe trip, and chat when you arrive home.

Ruth.... said...

Have a lovely Christmas with your girls... and thanks for a great read with your blog. I only read a handful...and I do so enjoy yours! All the best, Ruth.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a joyful New Year! Enjoy your Christmas countryside trek! :-)

Anonymous said...

merry christmas! Luck with the knitting and the packing!

Philigry said...

merry christmas kate! i will have that drink for you!

Annie said...

I'd love to stay home for christmas one year. Maybe when our parents are no longer with us. Have a soft drink in a champas glass and pretend. I do it often.

sooz said...

I've just read through your blog after ages of missing it - so wow, a lot has been happening your way! Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!!! And I'm looking forward to hearing more on the jitterbug. I bought some but haven't knitted it up yet. Feel I need to elevate my skills to match the quality of the yarn! Happy travels.

tea time and roses said...

Lovely sock yarn! I am going to commit to learning the toe up method of knitting socks! Well I hope you and the family had a lovely Christmas. As for our family, we had a wonderful Christmas Day! Now I am looking forward to a little much needed rest. Wishing you and yours a prosperous and beautiful New Year! Talk to you soon!

Smiles...

Beverly