Friday, August 10, 2007

Flashback Friday

Thanks to everyone who has left comments about the Softies book. I think it will be available in Australia next week, but I don't know about overseas at this stage.
I thought I'd join in with Flashback Friday even though today's theme is fancy dress and we really didn't do much fancy dress growing up. Mum did tend to dress 2 of us the same though. First Gemma and I would get matching outfits and as we grew it would be Gem and Jane. This is me on the left and Gemma on the right in 1977. Yes, very attractive socks. I've just discovered Indiepublic a great site for indie artists and designers of any one who like indie art and design.

9 comments:

Gina said...

Awww, you are so adorable! Thank you for sharing such a double dose of sweetness with us!

Anonymous said...

You do look so cute in your matching outfits, socks and shoes.
I've added a link to the side of my blog with a list of people in Flashback Friday. I've added you too Kate. How to see you again next week.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I do like that photo.

Jo said...

Gee, it does seem like long white socks and little red shoes were all the rage. Our Mother's must have been on the same wavelength!

Di said...

The matching outfits are so cute!!

Sue said...

Oh how cute you both look. My sister and I were 5 yrs apart, and we had to go through the same thing of wearing same clothes, although ours were different colors as I was fair and my sister had olive skin. I dont think I have any photos of us dressed the same though, but I do remember it. Do you dress your girls in the same outfits, or dress them differently.

Stacey said...

Love the red Mary Janes!
The matching outfits was really quite the thing wasn't it? I always wanted a sister so we could get about in the same clothes. It just wasn't the same with a brother.

:: melissa :: said...

cute!

Marisa said...

That flashback is too much. I think I used to have those scary socks too!