Wednesday, May 27, 2015

McCalls 6044

Sewing a pattern that you know fits really well is extremely enjoyable and satisfying. I needed to do some of that sewing last week so I made Chris two new shirts. I used McCalls 6044 and previously shared the changes I made to the pattern.
I did have an exciting new tool for these shirts - a flat felling foot, it makes flat felling so much quicker and neater.
This is the last of the shirting fabric I bought in New York last year. I do regret not buying more, it is beautiful to sew and Chris likes to wear it.
I bought the green stripe in Bali a couple of years ago. It is quite slippery compared to the other fabric, but it sewed up nicely. I left off the pocket because I knew I couldn't get it to match properly when sewing it on and it would have driven me crazy. 


 I love that all the shirts I have made him get worn regularly. I have some Liberty lined up to use next.

4 comments:

Taryn (forkandneedle) said...

Hi Kate. The shirts look good. It's great when our men can wear something we make - I made my husband a shirt for Christmas last year and he wears it happily. I traced the pattern from a shirt I knew he already liked so success was more likely. Have you tried making shorts for Chris? I used a Kwiksew pattern last year and they worked great!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Lucky mister to have a sewing mrs. Really great fabrics and those polka dots are awesome.

Jill said...

as always, I'm so impressed with your garment making. these are fabulous!

Fiona@Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Kate, they look fantastic :)