Saturday, May 23, 2015

Jamie Pouch

I've been thinking about making myself a leather bag, but decided before buying myself a hide I should get some scraps in different thicknesses and have a play. This is the Jamie Pouch from I think Sew. This is a good size pouch (7 1/2" high x 5" wide). Perfect for a phone and keys. I used leather for the bottom and fabric by Ellen Luckett Baker for Kokka for the top and strap.
 One side of the lining has card holders. If I made it again I would make a couple of pockets instead. It wasn't really tricky to make, but the curved zip did take some patience to get right. This is a good pattern if you want to use up small bits of fabric and they would make great presents.

1 comment:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Cool. I've been playing with faux leather combined with fabric. Such a classy look. I haven't used real leather.