Saturday, December 13, 2014

Handcrafted

At Quilt Market in Pittsburgh one of the fabric lines that immediately stood out was Handcrafted by Alison Glass for Andover. I found myself back at her booth a couple of times to have a look. The colours are really beautiful and the fabrics are lovely to touch.
 As soon as these bundles arrived the other day I pulled out some wool felt I dyed up a while ago and they are a perfect match.
 I whipped up some elephants (pattern here).
 Olive has taken this one and won't give it back.
 A little pouch for a teacher present made with some scraps.

Have I mentioned the amazing, saturated colours? I am definitely going to be needing some more for summer dresses.

7 comments:

Nicola said...

Hi Kate, love your projects :-). Do you have a pattern available to buy or a tutorial for the pouches?

Kate said...

Thanks Nicola, I don't have a tutorial, but google QAYG tutorials and then zip pouch tutorials and you will find some great ones.

Melissa at My Fabric Relish said...

Eeeeeeek! Those elephants!!! I agree, handcrafted is just amazing! I've been working with it the last couple of weeks and still obsessing!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love! I'm with Olive but if I had been a giraffe I would have grabbed and run and never come back!

Southern Gal said...

I won your book from Sew Mama Sew and wanted to stop by and tell you how much I am going to enjoy it! I have been hanging on to a jelly roll for two years because I couldn't find a pattern I liked enough to dig into it. Now with all the options in your book I'll be able to create a quilt with that Christmas jelly roll and have it ready to use by next Christmas. Thanks for sharing your talent!

eva said...

OH where are you??? it's been almost a month...
i hope you're just enjoying the Christmas season a little longer!!!
xo
eva

eva said...

oh no.... now it's OVER a month since we've heard from you....
i keep checking in.....
Hope all is well, and you're all doing fine...
xoxo
eva - the 'other' one....