I am stuck on the couch under a sick and cross 1 year old today so I thought I would join in and share my 10 Quilty Secrets at 13 Spools.
2. I use thread from all sorts of brands, quite a bit of it is polyester because that's what I use for sewing bags, toys and clothes.
3. I don't love machine sewn binding and I really enjoy sewing it by hand.
4. I never thought I would love English Paper Piecing, but I am definitely a convert.
5. I admire what skilled long arm quilters can do (and after trying a long arm at Quilt Market I kind of do want one), but I don't like my quilting to be so dense and I really do love to quilt my own quilts and would love to encourage more people to try it.
6. If in doubt slightly wonky straight line quilting works a treat.
7. I have never used a seam ripper. I learnt to sew as a teenager and there was never one in my house, it wasn't until years later I learnt what they were. I use some little scissors when I need to unpick.
8. I think I was slightly overwhelmed seeing all the new fabric at Quilt Market, the only new quilt fabric to enter the house since I got back from my trip is a jelly roll for a specific project. Though I do have plans to buy some Kokka Irome when it is out. (I have bought fabric for clothes, but that stash it different from my quilting stash).
9. I have quite a few quilt books, but my favourites are op shop finds from the 70s and 80s, it you look past some of the colours and fabrics they are wonderfully inspiring.
10. Quilts are meant to be used. If I give you one and it gets worn though being used as a cubby, playmat, picnic rug, being thrown up on and repeatedly washed. I am more than happy to make you another one.