I found so much lovely wool fabric in New York, unfortunately I didn't have lots of room for it in my bag, but I did buy a yard to make Olive a new winter coat. I used Figgy's Nituna jacket pattern which I bought last year. I had planned to make jackets for the twins, but they didn't seem that interested when I showed them so I put the pattern back in the pattern boxes. After going through every Ottobre and Japanese sewing book I had last week looking for the perfect pattern I remembered I had the Nituna pattern.
From reading a few reviews it seemed like it was quite generously sized so I cut the 18m size for Olive who is 21m, though not very tall for her age. I made the unlined version and used some Liberty lawn from the stash to bind all the outside edges. All the seams are meant to be bound inside, but the wool is quite thick to I pressed them open instead. The hood and sleeves are meant to have a hem of 1" so I cut off an inch before binding. The sleeves are still quite long so I have just folded them up. There is lots of room for growing, I think we'll get some two years wear out of this coat.
And of course the twins really liked it when I put it on Olive this morning and are thinking about what fabrics I could use to make them similar coats.