I seem to have discovered Simplicity 2591 way after everyone else had and now it is out of print and very hard to find. Thanks to the lovely Jen for lending me a copy so I could try it out. I'm so glad I have tried it, it is my new favourite dress pattern.
I made a few adjustments to the pattern. I lengthened the bodice a little, scooped out the neckline and took the back in a little at the top as it gaped. This is a lot of ease in this pattern and after I made a muslin of my normal size I had to go down a size and then take a bit more in at places. Instead of using facings I used bias binding for the neckline. The only issues I had with the instructions were the pockets. There was a little unpicking, but now I know what it is meant to look like it makes much more sense and the next time I make it it will be a lot quicker and easier.
The fabric is Just My Type by Patty Young for Michael Miller which a bought from The Fat Quarter Shop.