Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lua Sleep Sack

A few weeks ago I pattern tested the Lua sleeping sack for An from Straightgrain. This was really perfect timing as it is getting cold here and Olive really needed a new one for winter.
 This is such a great sleeping bag pattern. It has an invisible side zipper and buttons at the top so it is easy to get a baby in and out of. I made the largest size for Olive who is 18 months, but quite short. It fits now, but there is also lots of room for her to grow.
I've had this gorgeous blue and green fabric in the stash for a while. I am not sure where it came from, but I think it is some sort of Japanese cotton. I used some spots to line it and scraps of wool batting for inside.
 The instructions are really clear. The piping went in perfectly with my piping foot and my zip went in perfectly the first time. One of these would make such a great present for a new baby and are a great way to use up those batting scraps that are too small for quilts.

It was a little tricky to get a photo of Olive in it, but a I bribed her with a biscuit and a sit in the beanbag on the verandah and she stayed still for 30 seconds.

4 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Adorable pattern and even cuter with the model wearing it. Love the fabric you chose.

Stannel said...

Our kids are about the same age! And yes, I also bribe her to get good photo's! I like the polkadot piping in yours!

The Seven Seasons said...

She is a little stunner...oh and the sleeping bags is lovely too!

Marina said...

That is brilliant Kate. I remember buying so many of those when they were little - wish I'd had a pattern at the time.....