Monday, September 10, 2012

Good Mail Week and Vintage Patterns.

Last week was a good mail week. A fat quarter bundle of the new Denyse Schmidt Chicopee arrived and it is even nicer in real life than I thought it would be. Such great patterns and colours.
 Also the new book by Julie of Jaybird Quilts.
I have also become slightly obsessed with searching the vintage mail order patterns on Etsy which is kind of ridiculous considering my size right now, but we had such nice spring weather all weekend I am thinking of summer dresses and hoping I get time to make some this summer.

4 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

If you made a couple it would be good incentive to get into shape once the baby is born??

Annie said...

Love the idea of skip the boarders

Tash @ little bit of thyme said...

That skip the border book looks great. Can you do a post on that? I have a HUUUUGE quilt I need to put a border on, but if I can skip it would be fab! And getting material in the mail is divine! I am expecting some tomorrow morning... Love my postie and I love Etsy!

Kate said...

Hi Tash, go to Julie's blog, she is having a book tour at the moment and you will find more info about the book.