Saturday, January 21, 2012

Made in Cherry

I finished my miniature version of Sarah Fielke's Made in Cherry. I have always wanted to make a lone star quilt, but the thought of all those y seams has always put me off. This pattern is so much easier and gives a similar look.
I wanted to use up some scraps and make a small enough size to hang on the wall so my squares are all 2 1/2" and my centre square is only 8 squares across instead of 10. The finished size is 32". I did machine sew the binding, it was definitely easier and looks a bit better on the back than the first one I did.
There is a quilt-along going on over at Pins and Bobbins if you want to join in.


11 comments:

bec said...

Kate, it's gorgeous! Love the colours, this looks great in scraps! You've inspired me to get cracking today!

cauchy09 said...

aw, so sweet! i love the scrappy look and the green background you chose. congrats on a lovely quilt!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

Mel said...

Ever so beautiful Kate!

Janine said...

looks great!

Thimbleanna said...

It turned out great Kate. I love the background color too!

Lurline said...

Fabulous - I love it!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Craft to Do said...

Kate you are SEW productive.
Looks great. Sounds like you are enjoying the machine binding now. Sandra

Ella said...

That is lovely! Can I ask, what where the measurements on the solid pieces?

SewSurprising said...

How good does that look :) Im sure it will look wow when its up on the wall.

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous! The teal is so unexpected but perfect!