Monday, September 12, 2011

Picnic Blouse

I tried the Oliver & S Picnic Blouse over the weekend. Grace chose a red gingham (definitely a child of mine). As always with Oliver & S patterns this one has great instructions. This is one of their easier patterns and really did not take long to make. I made a size 6 which fits perfectly with a little room for growth. I tried it on Eva who us 3 1/2 and she could wear it as a dress with leggings, if the sleeves were just shortened a little.
Modelled with a skirt I made last year and new short (unbrushed) hair.






6 comments:

Lisa said...

Just lovely. Another one to add to the sewing list. I love the short hair on Grace. She is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Love the shirt - I'll show it to my girls to see if it meets with their approval. Love the short hair too - what a great cut!

Di said...

Love it!! Sweet and simple pattern & love the fabric choice too.

Cass said...

Looks great Kate. After seeing your one I might be tempted to get the pattern. I wasn't that impressed with it looking at the website.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love her tousled hair. Darling outfit. Kids clothes are so cute...I'd love an outfit like that.

Novi On The Go said...

Grace looks so sweet in that red top! I think it's a great pattern for adults too in a similar fabric, maybe in a blue color? Would go well with jeans or capri pants.