Saturday, February 27, 2010

Rabbits, Bags, Quilts and Crumble

We seem to have quite a few rabbits on our garden. They pop out at all hours of the day. There were 4 at lunch sitting on the lawn the other day. So far they have kept out of the vegie patch (lucky for them). They have inspired some rabbit sewing.
I was in the mood for a little bag sewing too this week.
The flower kisses quilt is still a WIP and I thought I would try the blocks a different way in a different colour combination.
It might not look that exciting, but this is the second time this week I have made peach and blackberry crumble. We are in peach heaven at the moment. The tree is full of them and I managed to get some blackberries off the bush that is growing in the middle of the rose bushes on top of an ant hole. I used the topping from Stephanie Alexander's The Cook's Companion. Delicious.

11 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Very cute bunny. Oh how I long for the fruits of summer as I sit her in the snow.

Jenny said...

Awww...cute bunny. And I love the bag, too!
~Jenny~

Sue said...

Oh how wonderful to be able to pick peaches off the tree and cook them up. You must be in garden heaven! I love the little bunny and the bag looks great. I still use my bag everyday!

Thimbleanna said...

Gosh, you've been so busy! Your bunny and purse sure are cute!

Unknown said...

aww!! cute Wabbit!!

zofia said...

Yummm! and cute bun too ;)
Hmm, I need to use my peaches too before the nightlife discover them!

Di said...

The rabbit is fantastic! I love her/him!

angharad handmade said...

Great rabbit - I especially like his nose!

Jill said...

What a cute bunny! and just the thought of blackberries gets my mouth watering - happy memories of blackberrying as a kid in England....

Rachel said...

Wow you have been busy... very cute rabbit, and the dresses are amazing. Great fabrics as well!

Novi On The Go said...

Love the rabbit's polka dot face, reminds me of freckles and the orange flower, looks like it's blooming.