Monday, February 15, 2010

Quilt Photos

Wandering around the garden yesterday I found some great places to photograph quilts. The people who built the house and put in the garden built lots of places for roses to climb and little hidey places with seats. A couple are perfect for hanging quilts on. Photos are definitely not my strong point. Thank goodness for digital cameras so I can take many photos and hope one is ok.
This is the same pattern as the quilt above that is in Homespun this month except I made each block smaller to get a smaller, cot size quilt.
Finally finished the binding on this quilt which I love (what's not to love about green!). I have promised the girls new quilts for their beds and Grace wants one in this pattern and has chosen a jelly roll. So hopefully I will start that soon and write the pattern as I go.

12 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Fabulous, quilts are so difficult to shoot 'flat' unless you do it on the floor & you're 10' tall. I just gave up & shoot them on the clothes line, works well enough. Great work, love Posie

Abby and Stephanie said...

Great colors in all 3 quilts. I have found it fun to find unique place to photograph projects. However I think a new camera would be helpful.

Chookyblue...... said...

nice quilts.........sometimes I use landscape setting on the camera when taking quilts outside.......sometimes the colours come out a bit better.........

Ashleigh said...

Lovely quilts! That green one really takes my fancy! Your garden photos are amazing it's so rewarding having your own fruit and veges! Enjoy!

Jodie said...

I bought this months "all star" issue of homespun , and both your quilts look spectacular in it.

That green one, is a heart stopper !!

Sue said...

Your quilt looks beautiful in Homespun Kate! I bought my issue last week and still havent read it all as yet. Your quilts look amazing, I think the green one looks very unusual but beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So nice to be able to find a nice place to hang you quilts. Let's hope the lovely plants don't get damaged. LOL!
Congrats on your move to your new house.

Novi On The Go said...

Beautiful quilts, really like the tulip pattern, colors are gorgeous in all! I'm glad you're enjoying the new garden.

Rachel said...

They look great. I especially like the green one. Quilts are really hard to photograph, like you I take loads of photos hoping that at least one will be ok.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that last quilt is great! I used to hate green, but now I love it. So fun that you have new photo areas too!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Fabulous Kate!!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

I want to thank you for your skirt tutorial that I found on here the other day! I made 2 skirts for my niece from it, http://livingmysweetlife.blogspot.com/2010/02/1st-birthday-present-for-my-niece.html

THANK YOU!!
P.S. I linked to your tutorial =)