Friday, March 23, 2007

Sock Bag

I really needed a little bag for my socks, big enough for my dpns and for 2 balls or wool. This is what I came up with. Pencil case style but with a tote like bottom so it can stand up. It is a pretty rough first go I was only able to snatch a few minutes here and there yesterday, but I'm pretty happy with the size and design.

Here is a peak at what is in the bag. Embossed Leaves Sock from Interweave Knits in Koigu. I really hope I have enough wool. I've crossed my fingers.

6 comments:

Jo said...

Fantastic socks and I love the colours in the fabric on your little bag. Can very much relate to snatching time to sew!

Belinda said...

The socks look great, beautiful colourway. Also loving the orange polkadot fabric on the bag. I seemed to have missed out getting a piece of this in my lotus FQ pack.

Di said...

Love the sock bag! And the socks are amazing! I hope you have enough yarn!!!

caroline said...

I love the sock bag and the socks look wonderful - I love the colour combinations.

blissful said...

That is a cute bag -- a flat bottom is so practical.

Sock knitting is finally on my to-do list -- yours looks beautiful. I hope you have enough yarn too!

Anonymous said...

The sock bag is jut gorgeous - what lovely fabrics and colours, and the socks look very impressive and tricky knitting.
I've just been catching up with a few of your posts and had to comment on the photos of your premmie girls, it brought back all the memories of the humidicrib and feeding tubes for our little one (he is now 5 months, but was born at 34 weeks), and the amazement at how quickly they grow so big and healthy. A belated 'happy birthday!' to your lovely girls.