Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Mod Flower Applique Quilt

My Mod Flower Applique Quilt is finished!! I have been slowly working away on this project for most of this year. Over the last couple of years I've really enjoyed having a slow stitching project on the go. Something I can pick up at night, if only for 20 minutes, while I watch something or talk to the girls.

I used a fat quarter bundle of Moda Solids for this quilt. Each block is a reverse appliqued flower which were then machine pieced together. 
Then I hand quilted each block with 2 strands of matching DMC embroidery thread, crosses for the backgrounds and centres and running stitch for the petals. It took forever, but it is totally worth it to get the amazing texture it creates.

 It is so exciting to see it finished, but I'm feeling a little lost without a slow stitching project. I have a few ideas for a new one, I just have to make a decision on which one to start!

No comments: