Sunday, February 17, 2019

Mixed Tape Charlie Caftan

My new favourite dress - the Mixed Tape Charlie Caftan.
When I was screen printing simple things onto t-shirts last year using I thought a cassette tape would make a great print, but I knew it was probably a bit complicated for a contact paper template. So I found some drawing fluid and screen filler in an art shop (Riot and Spotlight stock it if you are in Australia). I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for a first attempt. 
They were a great Christmas present for the brothers'-in-law.
Olive has no idea what a cassette tape is.
Before I cleaned that screen and re-used it I thought I'd print some fabric for myself.
I used some chambray from Spotlight.
And I used the Charlie Caftan pattern from Closet Case Patterns.
I've made this pattern a couple times and I wear them lots. 
I'm really enjoying learning how to create my own textiles, what patterns work and the best way to get prints onto fabric. And at the end I have a dress I absolutely love.




No comments: