Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Show Up Quilt



I completely fell in love with the Show Up quilt when I saw it at Quilt Market in Portland. It is a collaboration between Sam Hunter and Lisa Congdon. It is mostly paper pieced and the words are machine appliquéd. I made the smaller wall hanging sized quilt so the foundation piecing sections were easy to print on my home printer. I made a scrappy version of the quilt. I kind of followed the colours in the pattern. Most are the same, but I know I swapped the greys and blacks and there are some browns in there. It was a fun project to use up some of my favourite tiny scraps. I really enjoyed the process of making this quilt. I took my time and did a bit every now and then. 
I had plans to hang it in the living room, but my husband grabbed it as soon as it was finished to hang in the office entrance at school, which I think is a perfect place for it. Such a wonderful message to start your day with. 












No comments: