Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Charlie Caftan

My clothes sewing mojo seems to have been missing for quite a few months. I've made a couple of things, but it seemed like a chore, not an enjoyable hobby. But yesterday I made a Charlie Caftan and really enjoyed the process. I think my clothes sewing mojo might be coming back!
I used a linen blend from Spotlight, that I bought on special, so I wasn't too worried about messing the whole thing up. I sewed the size I measured, but the top is a little large, if I make another one I'll size the top down. I also didn't think too much about the sleeves and just made the big ones, which means they are huge, and a little odd, as the fabric does not drape. I'd definitely make the smaller ones next time. Other than that it went together quickly and easily (the sew along was very helpful with the inset centre panel). I love it, perfect for the warm weather we get in February and March. Now to decide what to sew next. 






1 comment:

Marina said...

Love your caftan Kate and all the lovely detail photos of your sewing space :)