Thursday, September 14, 2017

Butterfly and Cocoon

Olive was browsing ravelry one day with me and saw this butterfly and cocoon. I think it was love at first sight as she has been asking me to make her one ever since. She is turning 5 next week and it's all wrapped up waiting for her.
 Ok now to my quick review of the pattern. I'm not a big fan of dpns and small fiddly knitting, but this was actually enjoyable. It was fun to see it emerge and it was quite quick to knit. I think it is the finishing that actually puts me off knitting toys, but there wasn't much to do here and the little bit of finishing off was done as you go. It's hard to tell how big it is in the photos so I measured it and it's  about 8" tall (without measuring the antennae).

It is also super cute, in and out of it's cocoon. I'd definitely recommend this pattern - more details on ravelry. 
SaveSave

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh so cute! Olive will be a very happy birthday girl. Happy Birthday Olive!