Monday, August 14, 2017

Birch Skater Dress

I picked up some of the Birch Jersey last time I was in Spotlight. I'm not a huge fan of the jersey they normally sell in there, but I've read good things about the Birch jersey and thought I would try it. 
It is a little more substantial than other jerseys, a bit thicker and warmer, so perfect for a winter dress.
I used the Kitschy Coo Skater Dress which I've made a few times before. It is a quick and easy sew. The fabric is lovely to sew, it does not roll at all so you can get away with not pinning. The fabric does 'crack' a bit when stretching but after ironing the neckline and sleeves it looks ok. These photos were taken before I washed the fabric. I have since washed it and it washed quite well. I'd sew with this again and I'll definitely have a look at what other Birch jerseys they have next time I'm in there.



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Olive looks so cute. Love her new her dress.