Milly is a big fan of the overall dress. She has one she wears all the time so when the latest Ottobre (1/2017) arrived with a great overall dress pattern in I asked if she wanted another one (or two). Of course she did. This one is made from some stretchy denim from the stash. I think it might have come from Textile Traders.
I used scraps of quilting cotton for the binding and pocket facing and some press studs from Spotlight instead of buttons. They weren't hard to put on, but they don't feel good quality and I wouldn't want to be opening and closing them much. I think I'll use buttons on the next one. It was all top stitched with Gutermann top stitching thread.
As usual the Ottobre instructions did not make total sense as I read through them, but I followed each step and it worked out pretty well. I might alter the order a couple of things were done next time and shorten the length of the straps (the extra length is hidden inside) but it is a great pattern. I have quite a stack of Ottobre patterns and each year I think I should stop the subscription but it's hard to find good patterns for the 12 year olds and Ottobre is one of the few places the girls find things they want to wear.
The fabric for the next one is already on the cutting table in the 'to make' pile.