Saturday, May 14, 2016

Archer Button Up Shirt Dress

Cotton lawn is one of my favourite fabrics to sew with and this Cotton and Steel lawn was on its way to me as soon as I saw it. I think the print is called Macarame and I could not love it more. I knew it needed to be a shirt dress, but I was finding it hard to choose which one to use.
Last week I wore the Grainline Archer Shirt I made last year. It appears I never blogged it so here it is. I altered the sleeves and did an FBA last year so I knew all I would have to do was to add some length and maybe make it a little more A-line and I would have a shirt dress that would fit so that is what I did.
I think I added 8-9 inches to the length and it's perfect for winter with leggings and boots.

2 comments:

Kay said...

What a wonderful shirt! I followed your blog fro mthe CSC post today.

Btw, I love your boots. Where can I find one like that? :)

Kate said...

Thanks Kay! My boots are Dr Martens - they are so comfortable!