Saturday, February 06, 2016

Indygo Junction Apron


The only problem with sewing so much is constantly being covered in threads and fluff. A sewing apron seemed like a great idea, I don't know why it's taken me so long to make one.
I made my sisters' aprons for Christmas, but the largest size on that pattern was way too small for me and I knew it would take time to alter it so I was excited when Indigo Junction sent me their Crossback Reversible Apron pattern.













I used a Kaufman linen blend for the outside and a quilting cotton from Windham Fabrics for the lining (a great Textile Traders find). I cut a L/XL and the only change I made was to add side seams. The pattern is cut in one big piece on the fold, but as I was using directional fabric for the lining I wanted the pattern going down the apron. This was easy to do and after the pieces were joined I just continued with the instructions as written.





























This was a very quick to sew and I am really happy with it. It's easy to take on and off, the pockets are a great size and I love this grey linen. The other great thing about this pattern is the sizing, the largest size can fit up to a 54" bust and there are three children's sizes which I'm sure I'll be trying out soon.












Full Disclosure: I received a copy of the pattern from Indygo Junction free of charge. All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Multiple sizing is always appealing as we are not "one size fits all". Looks like a handy dandy apron as well as quick to sew and easy to wear.

tabbiegirl said...

Love the vintage-y look of your apron! I may just have to try this one! Just bought your book yesterday! Love it!