Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Myrtle Dress

I'm not sure why it's taken so long to make the Colette Myrtle dress, but all of a sudden last week I desperately needed to make one, so I ordered the pattern and today I whipped one up.
I used very stretchy jersey from Spotlight. I had planned  to just start the bodice today, but after a disastrous day yesterday trying to make an Aeolian dress I really needed some success, so I kept going to see if it looked any good. I did do a quick muslin of the top and decided to go down a bit over a size from my measurements as it was huge. I probably went down a fraction too much and will make it a tiny bit bigger next time.
I really love the way the bodice is constructed, it has a nice finish with the seams all hidden inside. The only alteration I made was to leave off the pockets as this fabric is really stretchy and if I put anything in them they would just sag.
I'm sure I'll be making at least one more this summer, it is so comfortable and I found some great bargains in Textile Traders last time I was there which will be perfect for it.

2 comments:

motherof5 said...

This dress is so elegant and flattering. Well done!
xx N

Stephanie said...

Love the print. Great style on you!!