Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cappuccino Tunic

I've had the now OOP Simplicity 2245 in my stash for a while, but was never in love with the neckline, so was excited when it was changed and released as the Cappuccino Dress.
It is quite a relaxed fit and I didn't have much time last weekend so I didn't bother with a muslin and cut straight into some Nani Iro double gauze I've had in the stash for a while.
I had read some reviews where people had a few issues with the instructions, but I didn't have a problem with the tunic instructions (they are  bit different for the dress as it has pockets). It is a really comfortable top and will be great for warm days. If you are making it I definitely recommend a fabric with lots of drape. When I make it again I will tweak a few things to make it fit a bit better and give it a little more shape.. The only problem I have with it is the colour. I have one rule for clothes - beige is not a colour - and it's a rule that should not be broken. It will get worn though and I think I might try the dress next.
 

3 comments:

Jane said...

Oh I really like that on you! And I don't think it looks beige :) I prefer the original round neckline on myself. You could probably sell that OOP pattern for a nice sum on eBay!

bec said...

Ive just finished my 2nd one of this in the dress version! I much prefer the V neck too, especially with my hair! This fabric is great, my dress is poplin and i havent worn it yet, I think it may be a bit stiff.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I love the print the top looks flattering and comfy.