Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Butterick 5743

I have a couple more finishes for 2012. I managed to finish these just before we left for Albany for Christmas. The girls had already chosen the pattern and fabric so it wasn't a big surprise (they are getting a little fussy about what they will wear).
They chose Butterick 5743 and both chose some Prints Charming cotton from Spotlight which made really nice dresses. I attempted an invisible zip in both. I think I need to watch a couple of tutorials on youtube, I can't seem to get the bottom of the zip as neat as I'd like.
I made view B  and made a quick muslin of the top. The size 8 was huge on my girls so I took it in to about the equivalent of a 6 with more taken off the back than the front and I left the length of the bodice as an 8. This pattern takes quite a bit of fabric as the skirt is a circle. It falls really nicely and is perfect for spinning.





8 comments:

Christine said...

adorable dresses - I am buying the pattern. I hope my daughter will always want to wear dresses.

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Beautiful dresses and fabrics :)

Stacey Siddons said...

Spinning is definitely the ultimate test in a dress pattern's worthiness! :)

Melany said...

Beautiful Dresses and they appear to pass the spin-test with flying colors.

KAYLEE said...

Love the dresses and the fabric.

KAYLEE said...

Love the dresses and the fabric

God's Girl said...

Love those twirly skirts!

Adrianne said...

Great dresses! I just had to comment because I am about to use those two same fabrics to back a quilt. Love that Spotlight is improving its range of fabrics.