Friday, March 23, 2012

Tova

My Tova pattern has been sitting on my cutting table since last year and it took the change in weather this week for me to sew one. I really need some cooler weather clothes. I used a voile that is lovely and flowing and will probably wear a long sleeved t-shirt underneath.
The pattern is really well explained and drafted and it went together perfectly and did not take long to make.
The only modification I need to make next time is for a tiny bit bigger across the bust and upper arm so I will just extend the sleeve sides a touch and the sides of the front and back at the underarm.
I like this pattern in the voile, but am not sure how it will sit on me in a slightly heavier fabric. I have seen so many that look great on people, but they mostly have a different shape for me. I like it as a top, but think as a tunic it may become sack like. I have plans for a second Tova shirt, but for tunics this winter I think I will go back to the Schoolhouse Tunic as I like how it fits after I made modifications last year.

8 comments:

flowerpress said...

Oh isn't it pretty in red! Looks lovely and floaty in the voile.

Samantha Dennison said...

That looks very comfy. And thanks for the link back to your schoolhouse tunic from last year - it has me inspired!

nikkishell said...

Very nice! I'm just about to print the pattern out for this. I've heard it's a bit tight across the chest.

Fleur Cotton said...

Love that fabric .... I'm in the cherry mood at the moment as you will see if you pop over to my blog ... my current project has cherries on it too.

Fleur xx

randi--i have to say said...

very nice!

i just bought my pattern and i have fabric all ready to cut. just need to find the time. :)

Ingrid said...

Looks wonderful - is it an apple print?

The closest fit on the Tova is the full bust measurement, and I am too a wee bit fuller than the pattern intends

Ashleigh said...

The perfect top for a slight change in the weather. Gorgeous choice in material would feel so lovely on.

Anna said...

Another full-buster here, looking to see if I should go the Tova - am now thinking to go schoolhouse first - it's been sitting here for over a year now so maybe that's a good enough reason! Thanks for the heads up!